Officially securing myself a landslide victory in the token
Worst Mother in the World contest, I didn't take extensive, detailed, first day of school photographs of our eldest daughter. Hubby took just a few, as we were running a lil' behind that morning.

But here are extensive, detailed, second or third day of school photographs. Or fourth. And posted, like, a month late. Told you. Worst. Mother. In. The.
World.
Requisite front porch #1.

Being silly in #2.

Her new school shoes in #3. I, too, have some Chucks. I tried explaining to her how completely old school and rad Chucks are. Timeless, I told her. She just gave me that sweet smile that wordlessly told me, "Yes, Mom, you
are a complete nerd. Please don't use words like
old school and
rad in relation to my clothing ever again."

Actually, she still fits into most everything from last season (and the season before! Thank you, God!), tennis shoes included. Since she technically didn't need new sneakers to start school, she decided to save her allowance from all summer long and buy these herself. I love that kid.
Quick round of hopscotch in #4.

#5 On our walk to school.

And, of course, I forgot to take any of her posed with her actual backpack. And being the horrible parents that we are, since it was in such great condition still, we didn't purchase her a new one. Same goes with the lunch bag.
Does it help that I am actually carrying it for her in these pictures?
No?
2 comments:
Morgan is still using her same backpack. And clothes. She got a new pair of tennis shoes because her feet grew like crazy. And since she is intent on taking water to school for lunch I let her buy a new cool lunchbox with a thermos. Guess we get to join the bad mom club. ;)
Glad we're not the only ones! I tried explaining to her that *that* was why we buy a quality backpack in the first place; so it will last longer than 1 year!
Post a Comment