07 January 2010

Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

We took advantage of a warm Saturday recently, and spent the day at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson. It was altogether a spectacular day, and the entire family is looking forward to visiting the Museum again in the spring.

I laugh every time I think of this guy. He's like the Godfather of prairie dogs.

An archaeological 'dig.' The girls thoroughly enjoyed unearthing a fossilized skull.

The walking paths between exhibits are incredibly picturesque. It really is a wonderful place for all ages.

Big Sister stamping our map with animal tracks.



What our girls would look like with bat ears!

Watching a small waterfall. This especially excited Little Sister, as she had been hoping to find one on our morning walks around the neighborhood earlier that week. But alas... we did not.


Can you tell our children like to dress themselves? We love it!

We give this place 8 thumbs up!!

2 comments:

luke and pamela said...

i'm loving your desert and snowy photos!

Our Family said...

And I'm loving living in the snowing desert! :-) I appreciate the natural beauty now so much more than when I was younger.