I feel a bit like this guy this week.
Allergies have me feeling fairly craptastic. With only one vehicle, I've been shuttling Big Sister to her morning camp, Daddy to work, Little Sister to the park or story time or to run errands for 2 1/2 hours, then back to pick up Big Sister, then Daddy, then home for lunch. And lots of playing "Army Wife" lately, with luncheons, meetings, a barbecue, etc. Always potluck. Always.
And the packing. Oh, my... the packing. Which has technically been put on hiatus this week, as I'm participating in a multi-family yard sale for two days this weekend, in and around the barbecue and a wedding, and I've been washing and organizing and sorting and pricing those 3 large boxes full of stuff I hope to sell, on top of the 'everyday' stuff. But at least, when I resume packing, I do not have to pack those particular items. My goal is to earn enough yard sale "monies" to treat the family to dinner at Panera. I know, we're such culinary snobs. With all that going on, I feel super busy, entirely exhausted by the end of each day. But I don't really feel like I'm getting much accomplished.
It is really fantastic to have Hubby back, though!! We picked him up at the airport on Friday afternoon, and promptly went to his favorite brewery in Louisville, the Bluegrass Brewing Co. to celebrate his homecoming and birthday. When we got home we surprised him with homemade mini-keylime pies and gifts. We thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the long holiday weekend together. Lots of quality family time. He had to return to work on Tuesday, but will take the next week or two off to prepare for our big move!!
Big Sister's attending a part-day camp at the child development center this week. The theme is "Bug's Life: Insects and Butterflies." She really seems to be enjoying herself, and has come home with some very cute crafts and seems to be learning about insects. The most important thing is that she is having fun.
Well, that's our week thus far. Back to the wheel!!
Allergies have me feeling fairly craptastic. With only one vehicle, I've been shuttling Big Sister to her morning camp, Daddy to work, Little Sister to the park or story time or to run errands for 2 1/2 hours, then back to pick up Big Sister, then Daddy, then home for lunch. And lots of playing "Army Wife" lately, with luncheons, meetings, a barbecue, etc. Always potluck. Always.
And the packing. Oh, my... the packing. Which has technically been put on hiatus this week, as I'm participating in a multi-family yard sale for two days this weekend, in and around the barbecue and a wedding, and I've been washing and organizing and sorting and pricing those 3 large boxes full of stuff I hope to sell, on top of the 'everyday' stuff. But at least, when I resume packing, I do not have to pack those particular items. My goal is to earn enough yard sale "monies" to treat the family to dinner at Panera. I know, we're such culinary snobs. With all that going on, I feel super busy, entirely exhausted by the end of each day. But I don't really feel like I'm getting much accomplished.
It is really fantastic to have Hubby back, though!! We picked him up at the airport on Friday afternoon, and promptly went to his favorite brewery in Louisville, the Bluegrass Brewing Co. to celebrate his homecoming and birthday. When we got home we surprised him with homemade mini-keylime pies and gifts. We thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the long holiday weekend together. Lots of quality family time. He had to return to work on Tuesday, but will take the next week or two off to prepare for our big move!!
Big Sister's attending a part-day camp at the child development center this week. The theme is "Bug's Life: Insects and Butterflies." She really seems to be enjoying herself, and has come home with some very cute crafts and seems to be learning about insects. The most important thing is that she is having fun.
Well, that's our week thus far. Back to the wheel!!
No comments:
Post a Comment