29 June 2009

In The Midst...

In the midst of a frustrating afternoon came a beautiful moment. One that made me stop focusing on the mundane and redundant tasks, stop focusing on a challenging parental issue where you're natural tendency is to be high strung about it (and to do high strung well)....
It made me stop.

It made me sit and watch the beauty, the magic, the silliness, the fun...

It made me laugh and enjoy my two beautiful girls.

I'm pretty certain I've asked them not to jump on the bed before.
I'm pretty certain I've told them not to jump on the bed before.

(Because sometimes they hit their head on the wall. And once Amelia hit her mouth and made it bleed).

But most of the time they don't.


And, really, what is the purpose of Daddy and Mommy's bed if not for jumping on?

No comments: