28 June 2009

Super Girls!

As requested, our girls are now the proud owners of personalized 'Super Girl' capes. For a week or so now the girls have been holding Little Sister's blankies around their necks while they ran around the house screaming, "Super Girls! Run for your life!" I nonchalantly asked Big Sister if she'd prefer to use a real Super Girl cape for this favorite pastime, to which she replied, "YES!" So we were off to the fabric store faster than a speeding bullet!!
Big Sister requested that her cape be pink and purple, and feature Angelina Ballerina on it. Once Little Sister saw the Angelina fabric, she wanted some as well. Therefore, I had the girls use different solid colors for their reversible side.
Big Sis requested that I make her cape first. First borns... sheesh...
She just has "H" on one side, because her cape was a bit of a rough draft for me. I didn't have the confidence to try two appliques by that time! And she didn't want "H" on both sides, but couldn't tell me what else she did want... so...
I found a tutorial online here, read through it twice on the computer, and then went downstairs to 'wing' it. I modified it and made Big Sister's a few inches bigger all around, since our lady is so tall. I also did the straps differently than the tutorial suggested, and I think I prefer my way, though I accidentally made Big Sis' too long. Nothing an extra velcro patch won't cure.
The sisters wearing their new capes first thing this morning! (Which explains the bed head and jammies in all the pictures). And promptly after breakfast, the girls ran out to the back yard to run around with Walter. Wearing their capes, of course.
Sure does make a Mommy feel good.
Action shot!

No comments: