07 June 2009

Scenes From a Park

Utilized this nifty lil' feature on my pocket digital camera for the first time ever. Didn't realize it had sound.
(We do own an actual video camera, but I can't figure out how to upload the home movies. I tried reading the instruction manual, but it may as well be written in Japanese. So I'm just going to pack it up and make Eric deal with it after the move. Hannah's first dance recital, from last May, is still on there waiting to be shared with the grandparents. That's just sad.)

Hannah:


Hannah has completed crossing the monkey bars, but during times I didn't have my camera out. She seems to forget that simple fact every time we go to the park. She is always asking me to help her across, and I am always reminding her that she can do it by herself. So I agree to help, but only if she makes it to the second bar all by herself first. We learned a new word this week: persevere.

Amelia:



Amelia is funny at parks. She likes to climb up onto equipment, and then start yelling, "Ow! Ow!" once she's up there. So I help her down, and she climbs right back up. She acts very sensitive to the touch of the equipment. She used to like slides, but she's since grown afraid of them. They are always 'too hot' now. Even when they're not. Amelia likes to jump off of everything, though, even the landings that are like 4 feet tall and should not be jumped off of by someone her size. I prefer when she liked the slides.

No comments: