04 April 2013

spring break in review

Be forewarned. Extraneous amounts of pictures lie ahead.

Whenever we embark on a weekend in St. Louis, Hubby always asks me what I'd like to accomplish during our stay.

To which I always reply, "Family. Imo's. Ted Drewes. Wan Fu. And toasted ravioli."

At least I have my priorities straight.

The ideal trip would also hopefully include visiting some of the many wonderful places I remember from my childhood with our own daughters, which is just how we spent our spring break. And GrandMia was able to join us!

First up, the St. Louis Science Center.




To be followed by the Magic House.


Little Sis with the Frizz! 
Hands down their favorite part of the Magic House, even after repeat visits, is the construction zone. Big Sis still wants to be an engineer when she grows up. (And artist, teacher, bakery owner, etc.)
The Central Library.

Where she goes, Bun Bun goes. 
I love how our daughters' idea of a good time always includes a good book. They both plopped down and read for a long while.

 *on the ceiling! awesome!
The absolutely gorgeous interior of this recently renovated historic building makes me want to use words like seamless juxtaposition of ornate, traditional architecture with modern interior design elements. Or... something.

It was gorgeous. I was in awe. I almost licked the original subway tile surrounding the 'New Releases' book shelves.

Moving on.

Walking downtown St. Louis on a lovely (lovely!!) mostly springish day!
If there's anything our family loves, it's a free cookie from the fancypants two-story Schnucks before browsing a delightful used/new book store with a canvas grocery bag containing not one, but two!, boxes of frozen ravioli.
Those pigtails make me smile!


It was a wonderful trip. Good times with family, and just the right amount of active sight-seeing and lazy mornings. These girls are at such a fun, fabulous age, and I truly am enjoying (most) every minute of it.

No comments: