We find ourselves at home where, once the PJ wearing has properly commenced, I decide to keep the fries toasty while I put our healthier mains on plates, etc. I grab the toaster tray from sink tray (it's dry, looks clean), pour the fries on top, and place them in the toaster oven on 'warm.'
As I'm putting the salad on the girls' plates (carrots and ranch on the side, thankyouverymuch), I sneak a couple fries.
Hmmm... pretty tasty.
Smoothie blended, grapes washed, place some fries on the plates and pop two more in my mouth. Waitasecond... is the 'warm' setting giving them a funky aftertaste?
Put one more in my mouth. Holy cow, it tastes like kitchen cleaner! If I ate kitchen cleaner and knew what it tasted like, which I don't, but since I overuse it because I love the intense smell of it when cleaning I can imagine what it would taste like. And it tastes like what's in my mouth plus french fry.
And then, only then, do I remember that earlier that morning I had placed the toaster oven tray in the sink tray, not to air dry (on, no!), but to bask in the warm cleaning glow of a dousing of Easy Off. Which I just consumed on my french fries.
Awesome.
I promptly burst into tears. Then got it together long enough to call the girls into supper. Big Sister wondered out loud where were our tasty fries? When I told her what I'd accidentally done, she took one look at me and started crying as well. Girlfriend really wanted french fries, I guess.
And then Little Sister took one look at our sad faces, and her face crumbled as she voiced what I think we all were feeling, "I miss Daddy."
Okay, Deployment Fairy. I think this qualifies as 1-point for you.
And maybe I'll stop serving french fries with Easy Off on them?
No comments:
Post a Comment