At the end of her first semester, Big Sister was chosen as her class' Cool Cat recipient. Her teacher thinks she is one bright, sweet and hard working lady, and gave her a certificate to prove so. The kids are so incredibly sincere in their pride for their classmates. I know it warmed Big Sister's heart to have so many kids applaud for her.
Yes, she is wearing the exact same outfit and hair as when she received it last school year. We're nothing if not reliable around here. Also, I think her legs grow faster than her hair. We just finished reading Charlotte's Web with the girls for the second time. I will say three things in regards to this book:
#1. Our family adores that story.
#2. If you do not adore this amazing story and/or cry at the end you must be subhuman.
#3. If you have not listened to and loved the audio book read by E.B.White himself, you are less than subhuman and we can no longer stalk each other's blogs.
Also, we had a doozy of a Charlotte building her gigantic web between our shepherd's hook and the overhang earlier this season, much to the fascination of the entire family.
Okay, technically that was four things.
Of the recent plethora of FRG (Family Readiness Group, aka Army Wife Support Group) event I attended this month, the cookie decorating was quite possibly Hubby's favorite. A very talented baking goddess showed us how to emulate her skills. I have no talent whatsoever with the aesthetics of baked goods. These were the best of 10 or so; Hubby ate the ugly evidence.
And that's all.

No comments:
Post a Comment