Little Sis is no longer the super shy, reserved girl in class, and is warming up to her new surroundings nicely. While being shy isn't a personality deficit, we are tickled that she's willing to speak up in class now. To our family, she will always be so boisterous and silly. We are glad she's letting others see her light shine.
Speaking of boisterous and silly. This is our youngest daughter being a bad influence on the playground. No shoes and monopolizing the 'baby' swing while yelling, "Waaaahhhhh!" for fun.
Little Sis says her favorite special is P.E., because we get to run, and play games and skip, gallop and jump. Her favorite subjects are currently centers and recess. Goofball. Big Sister is, no surprise, loving second grade. Second graders are allowed two library check-outs (daily, for this girl!), she sits next to her very best friend in class, her favorite subject is science, she still thinks lunch and recess are the most fun, and her fave weekly special is STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) because we get to build things and play games.
I'm beginning a new adventure myself. Besides being the unit's FRG Leader, and the PTO Book Fair Chairperson and Newsletter Editor, I just became substitute teacher certified. As of early September, I'll be on the call sheet for the girls' school. !!!
It's a pretty ideal gig, what with my other commitments, being a member of a fantastic staff, choosing my work days (or lack there of, if we so desire), still being able to walk the girls to and from school, and seeing their sweet faces during the day. Oh, yeah. And utilizing that degree I have in elementary education... career babble babble...
Big Sister told me, "I hope you can sub for my class one day! But I will still call you Mommy, because that's who you always are."
Life is certainly exciting right now!


1 comment:
amanda, congrats! my mom subbed for my 4th grade class once and it was pretty much the best thing ever. when i came in from recess after lunch there was a brownie from the teachers lounge hidden in my desk. :) so so happy for you!
Post a Comment