26 April 2012

A concert in a park and old skool jokes.

The Army Band teamed up with a community band from a nearby university for a concert in the park. So we decided to tag along with a picnic supper. The girls enjoyed playing at a fabulous new (to them) playground, dancing, tree climbing, cheese-and-cracker sandwiches, and watching Daddy play tuba.
And using charcoal found on the ground in place of sidewalk chalk. Should I not have let them do that?
They were getting antsy... Little Sister almost jumped off the picnic table onto some random stranger's saxophone. Why it was lying on the ground next to several occupied picnic tables is beyond me, but hey. Charcoal chalk it is!

I was surprised to see Big Sister draw a yin-yang sign. (Yin and yang?) But, really. How on earth did she know that? Probably learned it at school.

She also came home from school somewhat recently telling us, 

"Do you want some ABC gum? Know what that is? Already. Been. Chewed. Eeeewww!" 

Or my personal favorite: "Icup is spelled I. C. U. P!"

Ahh. Kids say the sweetest things sometime, right?

No comments: