18 March 2012

This week:

1) The tree in our front yard is all abloom, seemingly overnight. The little petals blow to the ground every time the wind blows, and the girls have taken to calling it spring snow. Apparently, the spring season round these parts will come with a lot of rain. So we are currently spending every sunshiny moment out of doors, including a picnic and hike at our fave local state park!
2) My parents will be visiting us in no less than 9 days (!), so of course I want to cross off ten or more projects from my endless to-do list. Including redesigning and filling the garden beds our former tenants put in. Now that we no longer have scaffolding, ladders, zoning gear strewn around the yards and a dozen roofers pounding away above our heads, I may just get to work.
3) Gee, you'd think I never dusted down there... Big Sister is now taking and thoroughly enjoying weekly guitar lessons, while Little Sister has happily switched to gymnastics. Next time I mention guitar and gymnastics lessons, I may want to post a picture of them enjoying the aforementioned task, eh?

4) PTO hosted cotton candy Friday this week. Which means for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30-3:00pm a group of 5 or more women were spinning and bagging (and inhaling a sugar high off of) well over 600 bags of cotton candy. But the kids? They LOVE it!

5) Hubby had a local concert series recently and has been working weekends, as well as later in the evenings. **Bonus points if you guess the super cute & talented bandsman I'm married to who designed the promotional poster.** With all of the above going on I've been busy, thus very few pictures. I'm very grateful it's the good kind of busy, though. Kids, parks, dogs, running, spring, friends and volunteering at school. Life is good.

No comments: