Typically, it is like pulling teeth to get the girls fully dressed on weekends. Brushing their hair? Forget about it.

They like to treat Saturday and Sunday like a marathon pajama-party, full of board games, pancakes, Legos, dolls, crafts, muffins, books, and more carbs. And they expect Mommy and Daddy to be actively engaged in all of the above. Which we try to be. Lord knows these moments are fleeting, and we are so blessed to have these opportunities to (attempt to) create happy childhood memories for our daughters, and how good for the soul is it to play with your child.

But sometimes... as much as I love a 48 hour pajama party with my two favorite little girls... sometimes I just want to sit down and fold a small mountain of laundry and take the pups for a long walk so they'll stop chasing each other over the Chutes and Ladders game and not have the toy shelf throw up all over the living room floor for at least two hours.
That is what Monday afternoons are for, I guess. Weekends are for playing with the girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment