1. Sampson (a.k.a. Sammy, Samsonite, Sammy Sosa, Samuel L. Jackson and Handsome Sampson) got a haircut this week.

He looks very poodle, less maltese-mix, after a full shave down. Regardless of breed, he is all boy and loves to roll around the backyard every chance he gets. When his hair is longer, it is so thick it picks up every little piece of dead crabgrass and dirt that constitutes our lawn. He loves to run inside before shaking it all off. That is when I also call him my little Swiffer Duster, among other less tasteful pet names that I scream inside my head.

2. I made a scrappy fabric wreath. Our nekked front door needed some crafty lovin.' It took a good 6 or so hours of organizing, cutting, folding and tying fabric scraps around the
wire wreath frame, working through a few quiet times while watching network dramas on Hulu, and making a complete mess of the living room.

I used up a lot of remaining fabric in my stash, plus ran to the local box store for seven 1/4 yd. pieces of various clearance fabric in coordinating colors, which I used up entirely. Maybe 3 yards total for a 20" frame? I shoved it in, as I wanted the wreath to be thick; no gaps. And no pinks, purples or anything too far off the primary and neutral track, because I want it to work year round.
3. I was recently invited to the baby shower of an old girlfriend from college, who is expecting her first little boy sometime on or around this April 1st. As being a mother goes, my littlest one was sick that day, so I was unable to attend. But the following weekend we met up for dinner with our other Bestie from our NAU days. We three spent the next 5 hours laughing, eating, and talking about everything under the sun. I can't remember the last time I stayed up until 12am, much less out in a public restaurant at that hour. Girlfriends are
so good to have!

Baby Boy's name is a secret until arrival, so I've been calling him Alejandro Jose. This is funny only because both his parents are fair Caucasian, perhaps more so than me. Me and Alejandro Jose's mommy have known each other over ten years now. Ten.
YEARS. And my other Bestie and I have been together for 15 years now; that's more than half my life! It's baffling how quickly time flies!
Anyway. I appliqued this little choo-choo onto a polo as a shower present. Who knew crafting for little boys could be so cute?! Better go make a hair bow for my girls before my ovaries get twitchy... ;-)
4. Speaking of our darling girls, we are on spring break this week. Sleeping late (well... 8am is late for us), Littlest Pet Shop world overtaking the living room, bike rides, park time, lounging in PJ's, and just enjoying having absolutely nothing on the agenda but time with each other. It is pretty darn blissful, and it makes me look forward to summer vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment