1. Recess, and monkey bars are my favorite. I'm going a little bit more faster across now.
2. I like my teacher. She is nice.
3. Doing my homework.
4. My friends are nice.
5. School is fun.
6. I like to read books.
7. Writing is fun. Writing with pencil is good because if you mess up you can erase it.
8. We're already in fall. It's close to my birthday. After December is January, the first part of the year.
10. I like coming home to play with toys.
And a couple things I'm finding extra special about her, too:
1. She repeats herself when she's talking excitedly.
"Leilani has two i's and two l's in her name, Mommy. Two i's and two l's!"
2. She continues to seek out the nearest writing surface and leave a note for us when she is upset (or in time-out). It never fails to make us laugh.
3. She is counting down the days until her sixth birthday, and has already decided she'd like rainbow cupcakes with chocolate icing and rainbow sprinkles. Big Sis has an eye for details, just like her mother.
4. Sis dances around the house a lot. A lot. Anytime she's moving from one room to the next, in all likelihood it's a chassé or bat ma (skip or kick step).
5. Sis is also really liking kindergarten. Her first report card and parent-teacher conference confirmed our suspicions: she is bright, friendly, cooperative and an all-around good kid.
2 comments:
love the note. :) similarly, we just heard that our niece and nephew in england are given paper and crayons when they are upset (and happy too) to draw out their emotions. once the 5 year old drew a photo of the family where mom and dad had giant mouths for yelling NO! :)
I'm thinking we should encourage it even more! It could help her sort out emotions, etc. In the long run it could (potentially?) segue into journal writing, which would be therapeutic and foster good writing skills. :-) I like it!
Post a Comment