... Little Sis is my running coach. We run a few days a week after dropping Big Sis off at school. She reminds me to build up my speed. "Mommy, where is our house? Are we almost home yet?" I'm lucky she's so patient in the jogger, because I prefer her looking at a book and snacking to the family gym--it's so crowded, and there's always loud music and inappropriate TV for the kids on. We may have to brave it for winter, though. Bleh.
... Little Sister helped me barter on Craigslist and the local Clothing Exchange. We traded our double jogger and single stroller; in exchange we now have a single jogger (for our runs!) and ladies Trek bike. Previously loved, of course. Plus each of us girls got a "new" super cute top.
... Autumn weather rolled in... we busted out the leg warmers, got in a puddle walk... then it rolled right back out...
... Big Sister had one of her very best friends move to Germany. (This is one aspect of military life we do not favor). They sat next to each other during class and lunch every day. Big Sister has been moodier and quicker to lose her temper during the day, and needing a few more hugs and back rubs at night.
... While snuggling together one night, we tried talking about all the things that make us happy. Halloween costumes, friends who still live nearby, Grandma and Grandpa just visited, etc.
I mentioned a couple we know well (from our last duty station) who are now expecting their first child, and how happy they are, and how happy we are for them.... and Big Sister asked me how the baby got inside Miss A's belly.
... I had a brief, biologically incorrect conversation with my 5.7 yr. old daughter about 'where babies come from.' I think I quickly stated that when a husband and wife love each other enough, it just... happens. Then Big Sister asked me how babies come out of the belly.
... *Sigh* I had a brief, slightly more biologically correct conversation with my 5.7 yr. old daughter about 'how babies come out of the belly.' I told her the mommy's body tells her when it's the right time for the baby to come out, and we work really hard to push it out... and she asked "how?" and then I might have said 'out of the vagina, kind of like a big poop, but then everything heals up just like before.'
... Omigosh, I completely traumatized our 5.7 yr. old with a botched conversation about the creation of new life. Why didn't I wait for her father to get home?!
1 comment:
such a CUTE jacket!!! I LIKE.
Post a Comment