23 August 2010

Kindergarten

Big Sister started kindergarten on a Wednesday.

I zombie shuffled into the kitchen at 6:40AM to get the coffee brewing, and discovered this girl raring to go.
Walking into her first elementary school. We were grateful Hubby could take an "appointment" and bring his girl to her first day. His commander is so on my Christmas card list.
She picked her own socks.

Finding her name and seeing what class she is in.Walking to the opening ceremony for Kindergarten-2010.
It was a mini-assembly in the cafeteria designed to introduce parents to the entire kindergarten staff before we handed off our spawn into their care. We met her teacher the day prior during the open house, but had yet to see the music, P.E., art teacher, etc.
Feels like just yesterday she was an infant napping in her crib, and I was sitting in front of the computer looking into getting certified to teach in the state of Virginia and having an emotional break down because I couldn't bear the thought of leaving her.Not much has changed in that regard.
Getting out her new inventory of school supplies. Anything available in the color pink was purchased for hers truly.
Much to our dismay delight, she likes everything about kindergarten very much. Big Sister neither wishes to be home schooled nor to move to a hippie commune in the Northwest with no television or Barbie dolls.

Just kidding! I only asked her about home schooling.

But seriously. Her teacher is qualified and has almost 20 years experience. The class size is no more than 20 students with a full-time teacher's aide. There are at least two recesses a day, plus reading lab and specials. Big Sister is in very capable hands.

And I stay plenty busy.

2 comments:

luke and pamela said...

wow! what an emotional and beautiful and sad and proud day! if that makes sense. and you are such a young and beautiful mama! i guess i haven't seen your photo in awhile. congrats on your biggest little girl!

ps. my sister and mom (both kindergarten teachers) are so anti the schools getting rid of recess! pretty awesome that this school has 2!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I seriously almost started to cry looking at these going to kinder pictures! She is so grown up - didn't you just have her?!?! I am glad she likes school. Oh and Amelia's haircut is adorable!

~(the other) Amelia :)