27 August 2010

A Daily Ritual

I was trying to get a picture of this ritual before posting about it. The few times I attempted... ugh. Moving children in low light with someone who refuses to use a flash can be tricky. And Big Sister now has lunch at school every day. So I missed my chance. *Sniff* I may need to 'recreate' this moment at the back door in the future for our photo album.

************************************************************************************

One of the perks to living on post is Hubby's ability to come home most every day for lunch. Come 11:30 (ish), when the girls hear the door opening, they squeal, "Daddy's home!" and run to hug him. Or hide from him, generally on Little Sister's bed, and wait to be found and tickled.

Following lunch, the girls will walk their Daddy to the door, giving him hugs, kisses, and high fives good-bye. And then, just as in all the days preceding, they will yell out to him as he leaves.

"Bye! See you later! Don't forget to come back! Don't forget to have fun! Do what you do! We love you!"

In the midst of long days and short years, these are the joyful moments that we cherish. That make our hearts swell with love for our girls, and with full contentment at this happy little family we are blessed to have. More than anything.

No comments: