2. Time is flying with yoga, gymnastics, jogging the doggies, running through sprinklers, sleeping until 8am, homemade smoothie pops, playing in the backyard with garage sale $4 Little Tykes climbers and picnic tables! Also, we've been busy working on our "Summer List."
4. Ben and Jerry's Key Lime Pie, Limited Batch is some incredibly good date-movie-night dessert. It's so good, it deserved it's own numeral in our "This Week" post. Pair it with a little West Wing* via Netflix, and you're in for a fabulous post-children couchathon.
*The best television show ever. BEST. EVER!
5. There is something incredibly heart warming and hilarious about playing 'fetch' with your goofball Fur Babies while your human children are resting. It is good for the soul, I tell you. Not so good for the dirt:fur ratio, however.
6. We are wild about Junie B. Jones! We recently acquired three (new hardcover!) books from the local thrift, and have enjoyed reading a couple chapters a night with the girls. Over and over and over! Hubby and I get such a kick out Junie, as she reminds us of a certain Little Sister we know (a.k.a. the Pistol). And the girls are incredibly patient with chapter books. We need to get more Junie B. Jones and Barbara Parks books! Also on our list for the near future: E.B. White and Laura Ingalls Wilder books.
6. Homegrown organic tomatoes! And they taste as good as they look! The girls love picking them, smelling them, and bringing them in to wash. "Redder is better!" They keep talking about how they'll eat them cut up and dipped in ranch dressing; while their palate is expanding (thank God in Heaven, I could do back flips!), they have yet to gobble up a wedge of tomato.
7. Hubby's birthday is this week!! July 3rd, to be precise. For the first time ever in the course of our marriage, we are hosting a little BBQ/Birthday party for him! (He's always been busy working--July 4 weekend, gone on TDY's, in the midst of moving, just had a baby and couldn't fathom baking a cake on 3 hrs. sleep, no family in the state, whatever). I'm incredibly excited to have a small mix of family and friends over, and to be able to celebrate his special day with an appropriate level of exuberance. Okay, so maybe Hubby will find the center pieces a bit over exuberant, but I don't care. I'm too excited!!
8. We watched Mary Poppins last week! One of my all time favorite children's movies! Our girls had never seen it before, as we haven't let them see much of anything not on PBS. We saved it for evenings when Hubby would be working late, and watched it in two parts after supper and before books/ bed. The girls adored it! And I really enjoyed watching it with my own children, who were so enthralled by the magic, music and dancing.
10. I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that my days at home full-time are numbered now. We have no doubts that I am contributing to the greater good of our family and society; I am so fulfilled being a full-time Mommy. And while I look forward to contributing financially to our 401-K's, a house and college funds, etc., I am going to greatly miss being so needed at home. I may need another puppy...
1 comment:
when will you start looking for a job? and will you teach? work at the library? ETSY?!?
Post a Comment