05 May 2010

This Week

This week consists of:

1.) Playing outside (when it's not absolutely, stinking blustery), and playing inside at McDonalds playland when it is.

2.) Hubby being in California on a work-related trip. Big Sister was sad and asking her Daddy not to go, but quickly got over it when he offered to bring her home a souvenir.

3.) The girls shocked the crap out of surprised me the other night by not only trying their "no-thank-you-bite" of my homemade manicotti (which was deceptively delicious'd), but then gladly finishing an entire plate full of it and requesting I make it for supper again soon.
I'm sorry, who are you and what have you done with my children? My sweet and lovely, pickier than all getup, "No, Mommy! The ranch can't touch the grape until I dip it in!!!" all ingredients must be served separately, daughters?!?!

4.) Journals at the table while Mommy is making lunch (we're practicing writing the date for Big Sis, and drawing shapes for Little Sis).

5.) Quitting journals and pretending our pencils are flutes.


6.) Avoiding the grocery store when looking to emotionally eat, as it's even more dangerous than grocery shopping while hungry. Be more careful than me, or you may come home with this...

And this...
And this...
7.) Okay, no, I don't have Pica. Hubby left me $20 cash for an emergency pizza run, but seeing as how the girls gobbled up my manicotti and I'm feeling a little giddy on the short-order cook front, I used a little of that for a craft project. Think of it as 'emotional crafting.'

8.) This is not the craft project mentioned above, but rather a different one I put together last week using burlap, hemp cord and stencils. Liking it!!

I got 1 yard of burlap from Hellmart for roughly $3.00, and had enough to make the banner, 5 pot sacks (my mismatched collection of plant pots now matches), and still have a few large pieces left over. Already had the hemp cord and stencils. This was my first time working with burlap, and I conclude it is rad.

9.) Didn't get a picture, unfortunately, but I caught Little Sister wearing a 'life saver' the other day and pretending to go sailing. She was improvising with our children's Dora toilet seat. Yeah...

1 comment:

luke and pamela said...

i love the bunting! in what seems to be (haha, i first typed "seams"!) our tradition, i also made my first bunting this week! and oddly enough, i used linen... love it.

ps. i support the yummyness.