24 May 2010

Our Long Weekend; Part Deux

Friday evening we attended the "Higher Ground" Brass Band's performance in Heritage Square. Us girls were very excited to see Hubby/Daddy perform, as always.

Our favorite sousaphone player warming up...

Our favorite Big Sis getting the layout of her stage and warming up her dance moves...

The only way I'm included in the photographs...

The Brass Band truly does have a great sound; the music in enjoyable and fun. I also really like how, throughout the set, each performer has opportunities to solo and showcase their individual musical talent.Someone was cranky that I wouldn't let her sit up there like her Big Sister... I did allow it, but only once she consented to me putting her up, taking her down, and standing directly behind her during.

My little groupie was getting tired toward the end of the show...

On our walk through downtown, back to the van, we saw this sign outside a new (to us) restaurant: the Old Town Creperie. That is so Flagstaff!

Big Sister was quite excited to see signs for and actually drive on Route 66, which we read about recently in a picture book from the historical fiction series American Girl. She later told me, "Mommy! We got to ride on Route 66 just like Molly!"

To be continued...

2 comments:

luke and pamela said...

i'm happy to see heritage square hasn't changed much! except now, the kids sitting on the hand rails backwards are YOURS! love it. also, seeing those steps in the background reminded me of a certain PHOTO SHOOT you modeled in back in the day on those very steps! remember?

Our Family said...

I know! It was CRAZY being in Flag with our daugthers! In a good way, of course. And I do remember that photo shoot... :-) You came with me and helped me feel brave!