27 February 2010

Pancakes!

Perhaps on Saturday mornings you traditionally make those darling children of yours pancakes for breakfast, too? While delicious, pancakes aren't exactly nutritious. Somewhat recently I came across this recipe for protein pancakes, and thought they'd make a nice alternative to banana pancakes and the plain ol' unhealthier version.

Hesitant at first, as I have offered the girls cottage cheese several times to no avail, the results were awesome.
1. Take your normal Bisquik recipe, and simply add 1 cup of cottage cheese to the ingredients. I do not add the additional 2 tablespoons of sugar, as we are syrup folk and that's sugar enough.

2. Mix (preferably in the fabulous batter bowl with lid you received as a Christmas gift from your psychic sister-in-law who knew how bad you wanted one).

3. Add a tablespoon of milled flax seed, too, if you're so inclined. Blueberries rock, as well.

4. Bake and enjoy! Your entire family will pleasantly surprised, I promise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a recipe for cottage cheese pancakes too - super easy and I love that they pack the extra protein punch as well!

Anonymous said...

I will have to try that, thanks for sharing!