06 November 2009

Limbo

I was ready for the next step. The next phase. We were making strides with our girls: big girl beds, no more sippy cups, a lot less stuff in the daily diaper bag, preschool, assigned chores for each of them...
Our girls were phasing into preschool/school age, and honestly, I was looking forward to it. I envisioned trips to the museum, camping, hiking; things you can't quite do successfully with toddlers. Unless you want to pull your hair out? I like having hair.

And then....

Little Sister went pee on the potty 5 times in the last two weeks.


Look at the pride in her face? She desires to be a "big girl."


And all of a sudden, I'm not ready for the next phase. It's too soon! Where did the time go?! I'm tearing up, I'm holding her tight, I'm not ready to let go of my baby. I don't exactly want to revisit that time in our lives when we got no sleep whatsoever for ten entire months while we spent all day, and all night, trying to soothe the cutest, crabbiest baby on the block... but still... I don't want to go forward either. It's too soon.

Can't we just put on our life on pause for a few more months? Can't we just stay in limbo?

No comments: