09 November 2009

Halloween Photos....

are finally being posted. I intended to do it last week, but just wasn’t up for it. We were having one of those weeks. It wasn’t really that bad, but I was tired and achy due to receiving two flu shots, the girls were tired and achy, as well, my entire house looked like the toy box threw up on it, I struggled to find the time to clean it up and when I did, within minutes it looked like it did before I cleaned it, and Hubby was busy at work and a wee bit stressed about it. Thankfully, the weekend came, allowing us time to recuperate together, and for me to refocus on the reality that I have so very much to be grateful for…
With that said, here is our Halloween night:

Hubby had a Higher Ground Brass Band gig at a Fall Festival in Tucson on Halloween evening. Rather than me take our girls trick-or-treating by myself, we decided to attend the festival altogether.
It was already fairly dark by the time the festival started, so none of the pictures are all that great. I was too nervous about wearing the camera in a crowd, bumping into people, and bending down for children, etc., to use the big flash on the camera.

Big Sister was a purple pony, and Little Sister was a black cat. I forgot my eyeliner to draw whiskers on her face, though. Oh, well. Little Sister adored her tail; she wanted to carry it around and rub her cheek with it all night.
There were tons of games, crafts, bounce houses, prizes, raffles, trunk-o-treating, a mini-train ride, cocoa/cider, cotton candy, hot dogs, and of course, music.


Their first face painting! Big Sister's never been up for it before, and Little Sister will do anything her predecessor will. Don't let the pictures fool you; they were quite pleased with the cute balloons on their face.At one point, our girls--who were totally sugar-free, mind you--were running circles around me they were so excited.
Hubby played from about 6pm-8pm, and after one more turn on the inflatable obstacle course, we were ready to come home. On our way to the van, carrying two very tired girls, Big Sister looked at her Daddy and said, "Today was a good day." They passed out shortly after we hit the interstate home.
The End.

No comments: