With Big Sister in preschool three mornings a week, it's given me more one on one time with Little Sister. I've always loved my littlest girl, but this time together makes me even more aware of what a character she is. Her infancy was challenging, but she has really grown into a beautiful, sweet little lady, and I love getting to know her even better.
Little Sister is a patient, avid reader. She will hand me a stack of books and politely demand I sit down and read each of them to her. She knows all her shapes and colors, and almost all her letters. She speaks in complete and detailed sentences. Most people are surprised she's only 2.5 yrs. old when they hear her speak. She has the cutest lisp when she makes 'ch' or 'dg' sounds, too. Just ask her to say the title of her favorite book series, Henry and Mudge. Sounds like Henry and 'Mussh.' She's a darn good self-entertainer, if I need to vacuum all quick-like. Lil Sis is a great singer, and enjoys singing to her family and toys often. Her favorite song is 'You Are My Sunshine,' but she likes to replace sunshine with "Big Sister, star lovie (a stuffed star toy), Walter," etc, and then serenade that person/toy/dog. It is incredibly, positively adorable. She is also terrified of ants, crickets or teeny spiders. And small pieces of dried grass on our floors that resemble ants, crickets or teeny spiders.
Little Sister, too, is decidedly feminine. She adores wearing dresses; now that it's cooler she insists on wearing her favorite sundresses over leggings or jeans. She's still a vegetarian, minus Costco's Mickey Mouse Chicken Nuggets. She recently completed a serious picky eater phase. Just peanut butter, no jelly, not too much milk, don't let my pineapple touch my apple or I'll throw my fork. Sheesh. It was... frustrating... in a 'I think I may pull my hair out' sort of way...
Little Sister is a total ace at being two years old. No, really, she ought to teach a class. It's a wonderful practice for me in building patience and tolerance; it's also a wonderful practice in learning to pick my battles. Boy, am I learning!
Little Sister has also begun toilet learning!! Though I was hesitant to begin, she demonstrated a strong desire to start. She asks to sit on her pink potty often, and urinates between 2-4 times daily. She still wears a diaper during nap time and bed time, but adores wearing her Dora underwear(s) the remainder of her day. We are not accident free, and do not expect to be anytime soon; she's just so proud of her efforts, and so are we.
Little Sister is cuddly, silly, sneaky, sweet, well-spoken, smart, and a total pistol. And we love her with all our hearts. She is the perfect little sister for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment