And everything nice. That's what a little girl's room is made of.
Little Sister has her room decorated now. I was inspired by a page from a recent Pottery Barn Kids catalog. Armed with a gift card to Joann's Fabrics (thank you again, Grandma!!), various fabric, lace, buttons, paint, etc. already in my stash, and a creative buzz, I got right to work.
Little Sister has her room decorated now. I was inspired by a page from a recent Pottery Barn Kids catalog. Armed with a gift card to Joann's Fabrics (thank you again, Grandma!!), various fabric, lace, buttons, paint, etc. already in my stash, and a creative buzz, I got right to work.
The framed prints are illustrations from a darling book we received earlier this summer from Grandma. Big Sister, Little Sister by Charlotte Zolotow, and our girls truly enjoy reading it. Not sure my fellow librarian techs in the family will be pleased with me, but it was a 2nd hand book's tear away pages from the back. I left everything else intact, I promise! The frames themselves are 2 of 3 Dollar Store frames my mother gave me over a decade ago. They have been every color under the sun, including green and yellow sponged. Who didn't love a good sponge paint back in the 90's? You can still see the original shiny faux gold laminate on the back. Classy.
Can you imagine 18 yr. old me, sitting at home on a Saturday night re-sponging my frames to match my freshly sponged night stand? Is that too sad a picture? Luckily, my mother allowed me a lot of creative freedom in my room. Digress much?
I'd still like to make a few small pillows for her bed and a pale pink gingham valance, both trimmed with light pink pom pom fringe (say that 3x fast), as well as change out the photograph to a vertical 5x7 Black/white of her as a newborn and paint her rocking chair a soft white. And perhaps sew a cushion for the chair? Probably trimmed with, you guessed it, light pink pom pom fringe. A mother's work is never done.
But regardless, I am super pleased with the results. And Little Sis is, too, I promise.
1 comment:
beautiful! love the room and all the little handmade details! so impressed that you've had time and energy w/ the move, etc! please come over, i need you to motivate me!
Post a Comment