So for the boxes that were in reusable condition we decided to list them on Craigslist for free, as we don't have a Recycle-Friday here. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Only... when I was moving them to the curb for the woman to pick up....
I remembered that little sick and twisted me wrote some funny things of the side of a few of them in order to make my Hubby and his moving buddies laugh.
For instance, I labeled a few of the boxes' contents as "meth. lab" and "adult DVD's...."
Oh, yeah. And "crack pipes."
Silly me. Then I had to email the woman back all quick like and tell her this, and also reassure her the boxes did not, in fact, contain those items. To my knowledge, anyway. Luckily, she thought it was funny and still wanted to rid our curb of empty, broken-down boxes.
Then I was off to the Sierra Vista Recycle Center to dump the remaining unusable moving boxes, plus an entire months worth of cereal, diaper, milk and Costco boxes, toilet paper rolls, ETC. It filled the entire trunk of the van. I was so surprised by how much "trash" we had collected I had to take a picture. That's what happens when you move!! Next week I need to drop off our plastics, aluminum, and paper.
Don't worry, I won't post pictures of our recyclables again. ;-)
1 comment:
Yay for recycling! Hey, you might already be aware of this site, but see if there is a freecycle in your area (it's usually through a yahoo group). It sounds like it would be right up your alley. Everything posted on it must be free-so you can give your things away and also receive things that you might need. I got an awesome pair of Williams-Sonoma pasta bowls - for free!
Post a Comment