14 August 2009

What's In A Name?

Shortly after I, the Mrs., began this blog it came to my attention that our blog address "1eric3girls" was reminiscent of an 'adult movie' title. Ahem. Not that I would recognize any of those titles.

But I was faced with quite a dilemma when starting this blog: I couldn't think of any clever titles that described or fit us, and certainly nothing without our last name in it. And do you know the problem with our last name?

No one can spell it correctly.

Occasionally, even I cannot spell it correctly.

Therefore, it cannot be included in a blog address for us. Also, there's that whole privacy and anonymity online thing for the sake of protecting your children from Internet preditors, blah, blah, blah...

"1eric3girls" is sure to keep those Internet predators at bay. Sheesh...

So after giving it much thought, or over a year's worth of random, fleeting thoughts in the dead of night when I should be sleeping but cannot, here is a short list of blog titles I should have, could have, would have used:

  • "eric'soutnumbered" Because, well... he is. At the least, he's often overruled.
  • "eric&theestrogens" Makes his home life sound like a rock band. Erm... sort of.
  • "balletslippers&pawprints" Our kiddos.
  • "combatboots&crayolas" Sort of depicts our military and young family lifestyle.
  • "ourfamily4t" Ditto, with a play on 4 since there are 4 people in our family.
  • "crayolas&crowsfeet" No, just kidding. For the next five years anyway.

Well, that's all I got. Any keepers?

And if I change it in my profile stuff, will it automatically transfer to the new address for the people that follow it via blogland or pre-saved bookmark link? (Does that question even make any sense to anyone but myself?) Hmm... I don't know anyone who actually physically types web addresses into their address searcher bar thing. That's so.... old-fashioned...

No comments: