Well, after my crab fest yesterday (because it was such a crab fest) I needed to remind myself just how good I really have it. Take a little stock, view the situation with fresh perspective, and get over my crabby self, if you will.... When I checked onto my Facebook page tonight, I noticed a cute little "5 Things That Cheer Me Up" option, which I thought would be very fun and fitting.
Here is my "Things That Cheer Me Up" list, and only the superficial stuff is subject to change.
1) Lattes, french press coffee, cappuccinos, and other assorted beverages of the coffee variety. If it smells like coffee, it can hardly be bad. Well, no... I take that back... Instant Coffee {{shudder}}

2) Comfort Food. Now I'm not saying that emotional eating is healthy, per say, but every now and again a girl needs to just eat what sounds good, and not necessarily what is the healthiest option for her. This week? Onion rings. I like the oven baked Alexia Farms kind, with panko bread crumbs, baked extra crispy. Oh. My. Gosh. Serve 'em up with some room temperature ketchup with a little pepper mixed in.... YUM.

Now that's my kind of emotional eating.
3) Little pretty things, like a favorite pair of earrings or scarf.
4) My Hubby. He really is my best friend, and I do so love him. Eric is really good at giving me perspective, he makes me laugh at myself, at life in general... He is very good at not taking himself, or 'the little things,' too seriously. He compliments my high-strung attitude well.
(And don't tell him I said this, but I look forward to having him back so much that I don't care how much laundry I have to do with him home!)
5) Being a Mommy. It is, literally, a dream come true to be a mommy, and especially a stay-at-home mommy. DREAM COME TRUE.
And I get to be Mommy to these fabulous little ladies! Now, wiping butts is wiping butts... and I look forward to only worrying about my own someday, but my kids are GREAT. It makes the mundane, stinky stuff that much more bearable knowing what good kids we were blessed with. They are funny, silly, creative, loving, smart, kindhearted, ETC., and I look forward to watching them grow and blossom.
6) Crafting stuff. All kinds of stuff. Sewing, knitting, painting, staple gunning (!), re-purposing something old into something new and useful, cutting holes in fabric shapes, stabbing a brad through there and hot gluing a pin on to call it a broach, whatever!
A finished product, especially one that can be enjoyed by someone you love, is really warming to the heart.
Okay. I'm done with this tangent now, too.
1 comment:
"Like" :)
Post a Comment