27 June 2014

Sweet June.

Summertime is thoroughly enjoyable around here. It will be over way too soon.
Two little girls are not so little anymore.
Little Sister turned seven years old and promptly lost her first top tooth.
 
First and third grade is in the books!
Both girls received the Top Reader Award in their class, Big Sis with a whopping 1043 points!
 Little Sis found a lucky seven four-leaf clovers this spring/summer.
Summer picnics with my two favorite girls are the best.
Especially along the Cumberland River. I heart the Midwest and all the green.
I thought this summer would be the perfect time to cross off multiple items from my to-sew list. I was wrong. It's the perfect balance of nice slow mornings with large cups of coffee, library books, fun activities with the girls, girls' book clubs, volunteering for VBS, evenings in with Hubby (so glad he's home this summer!!), and too much quality time with the seam ripper.
This Lisette dress being the culprit. But, in my defense, it needed an improved and improvised neckline and pockets. Lastly will come three-quarter sleeves. Eventually. Sooner if I stay up past my bedtime, but that just sounds.... exhausting.

Happy summer to you all!

No comments: