13 January 2013

Busyness, family pictures, Army life & stuff

Happy 2013!

I love when this life of ours slows down so we may soak up all those precious moments with our darling girls. Hours of reading, puzzles, snuggling, cookie baking and board games with our two favorite short people.

Turns out the magic formula is:
1 month block leave + 2 weeks (no subbing/no volunteering) x no school = life ideal.
The catch-22 to Hubby receiving an entire month's leave is that it involves him shortly deploying to another continent for anywhere from six to twelve months.  

You win some, you lose some.
We willingly came here to serve in this way, but the reality of it sank in and, I admit, I wanted to curl up in a chocolate-carb coma and just sob out all the anxiety and loneliness in one fell swoop. These past holidays were tinged with just the slightest sense of melancholy, as next year's could come and go without our favorite person home to celebrate them with.
 
But that is not how us Army wives handle our bidness. A swift kick to the rump was completely necessary!
Holiday ended. Life ordinary resumed. Life slightly altered is impending, but we will conquer it's challenges together.
And, bonus points! A fellow Army Band wife offered to take our family pictures (LOVE 'EM!) and I was asked to take a long-term substitute position for the Pre-K teacher going on maternity leave. Apparently I was the first person she wanted for the job. While I have no immediate plans to go back to work full-time, I'm very grateful for this opportunity and enjoying the heck out of those sweet kiddos while I am their temporary teacher.

 So here we go, 2013! We can do this, and do it well.

2 comments:

Noodles said...

Goodness your oldest is turning out to look JUST LIKE YOU.

luke and pamela said...

such great photos! i need more details on the army life bits - he will be going abroad to do what exactly? and when will you know? sounds so tough but you are a strong woman. i love how you and eric love each other.