03 December 2012

Thankfulness

We ended up staying home for the Thanksgiving weekend. I'm not sure if it was smart or selfish, or a combination of both. But as it was one of Hubby's few actual weekends off lately we decided to not spend 10 hours in a car within 3 days time, as much as we love visiting with family.
(I might have decided at 6:25PM the night before Thanksgiving that I should finally get around to making a fall table runner with my scrap fabric... You know, instead of just mopping and sweeping and scrubbing toilets and thawing the turkey. It's a sickness, I tell you.)

Instead, we had a two lovely friends and their gaggle of children over to our house for some potluck style eatin'. 
Contact paper served as the perfect runner for the kids' table. They drew/wrote things they are grateful for. Someone might have written they were thankful for poop and pee. Then again, aren't we all?
The weather was strangely warm and perfect, so while the turkey finished getting all brown and salmonella-free we took the kiddos to the park.
It was a truly wonderful day. We are incredibly grateful we have such wonderful friends here, and we are ever so thankful for every second we spend together as a family.

We hope you had a wonderful holiday! 

No comments: