1. It's officially fall here. I know this because Starbucks served me a pumpkin latte last weekend when Hubby and I snuck out for a 'mini-date' while the girls played at a friend's house. We don't spend $5 on a cup of coffee very often, but when we do it's pumpkin flavored.
2. After a busy month as Book Fair Chair, I decided to spend a little down time around the house. By down time, I mean subbing 1-2 days a week at the girls' school, training for my first half-marathon and contributing to the planning of three separate Fall Festivals (FRG, PTO & HHB), plus the usual homemaker duties. But enough about me.
3. Fancy bubble baths are the very best diversion some early evenings. This is Little Sis as "Mrs. Claus." When the girls request thousands of fancy bubbles, I add a tablespoon or two of dish soap directly into the running water. Just rinse their hair well!
4. We recently added SORRY! and Go Fish to our family game night selection, but sometimes marble maze is where it's at. 5. Big Sis and Daddy had a special date recently: birding and a local donut shop. Sis has her very own little pair of binoculars, and comes home telling me all about the blue heron, egret, tufted titmouse, and whatever else they saw. It is incredibly sweet.
6. I especially love how much the girls love their kind, goofy and doting Daddy. We sure are lucky to have him! We'll all spend this weekend away celebrating our wedding anniversary in the Smoky Mountains. As usual, the girls are most excited for an indoor pool. Eight years later, and I love that guy more with each passing day.

No comments:
Post a Comment