07 December 2011

Thanksgiving weekend, and some randomness.

As of late, I am horrible at blogging. Horrible! I apologize.

Mostly, this time of year is busy/ier for everyone, myself included. Also, I've not been taking pictures much lately, and felt guilty posting without the photographs.* Because who wants to listen to me ramble when you could be looking at photographs of my super-cute children? Lastly, I've been volunteering at my daughters' school multiple days a week. When I'm not volunteering, there's lots of laundry. And running. Or making bread, which I seem to do a lot these days.

In other news, we spent Thanksgiving weekend visiting my family in St. Louis.
Pictured is Cousin T, Hubs, Uncle P, Lil' Sis, the Grammy, and Moi

*Big Sister is actually the photographer for this post. She maintained creative control with the pocket digital; we simply uploaded them for her when she was done.

It always does the heart and soul good to eat loads of carbs. covered in gravy, play games, sleep past 7:15am, gorge on baked goods, and share fellowship with people you love. Many, many thanks to our gracious hosts, my uncle and aunt!!Thanksgiving dinner was seriously delicious, despite the stink-eye look on my face.

During one afternoon of our stay, Hubby took the girls to Faust Park while I spent some quality one-on-one time with my Grammy.
Love that silly girl!
The girls saw dozens upon dozens of beautiful butterflies, and remembered most of their names correctly, too. That pretty one is the Paper Kite Butterfly.
The Owl Butterfly.
The girls very much enjoyed the indoor carousal and the Butterfly House. As much as they loved learning about and observing butterflies, I loved listening to them fill me on all the details of their day when we reconvened. Their enthusiasm is contagious.
We were also fortunate enough to be able to take the girls to a childhood favorite of mine: The Magic House! Among a cajillion awesome hands-on experiments and exhibits for kids, there was the Magic Tree House exhibit. Our family had a fantastic time.

And here the roll gets very random...
GrandMia! In Arizona! Turns out we did take one (or two) more photos of her visit with us.
Um... yeah. But you can appreciate Big Sister's use of natural light and composition, right?
Okay, enough random rambling.

We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

No comments: