13 October 2011

Her mother's daughter, and then some.

Well, this kid is definitely mine.
After she and Little Sis were done making necklaces, Big Sis more than cleaned up the aftermath, without my asking.

Now, she is not always this tidy. The proof is all over her bedroom floor right now, which will probably take a threat of timeout to get put back in the toy box.

But organized by color?

I'm not exactly sure at what point I went from Cabbage Patch Kids and Fashion Plates and dirty, balled up socks all over the floor of my shared childhood bedroom, to labeling baskets of toys and organizing stacked containers in the bathroom cupboard with his, hers, travel-sized and stockpile in my grown-up home, but here I am. And I definitely wasn't 6 years old.

This is the same Big Sis who is asking for a calculator and extra journals for Christmas. The kid that copies words and definitions from our children's dictionary for fun sometimes. And the same kid who, I discovered upon taking out the garbage this morning, left a sealed letter to the President of the United States out for mail pick-up.
She drew the stamp on it. I'm tempted to read and reseal it, and hey, why not add a real stamp and mail it off?

This little girl is just... awesome. And we love her so much, whether or not her room is tidy.

1 comment:

bobbylips said...

Did you give in to temptation and read it and then reseal and send it? I'd send it...it must be important enough for her to take the time to write it eh?