21 December 2010

Santa, according to Big Sister

The girls were asking after Pillow Pets for Christmas.

They're a pillow! They're a pet! They are all the rage!

They are $20 frickin' dollars a piece! Sheesh.

I said no. I said no way. I said no darn way I am paying $20 frickin' dollars for a pillow when it's not even embroidered and monogrammed and linen from Pottery Barn. If anyone in this house is getting a $20 pillow, it's me.

P.S. I don't say frickin' in front of my children. I do say darn.

And then Big Sister saw Santa at the tree lighting ceremony and the Christmas Festival. Both times, she asked him for a purple unicorn Pillow Pet. (She told me she thought one of them was a just a helper, because she didn't think his beard was real).

Then she wrote him a letter stating very specifically what she wanted. She placed it on our window sill, facing out between the pane and blinds so he could see it.
According to Big Sister, Santa Claus only gives one present to each child. Since he's so busy, and has so many children to leave presents for.

And she was so sweet, taking extra little treasure box goodies she had received from school and wrapping them up all by herself, and putting them under the tree for Little Sister. "I had a extra one, Mommy, and I thought Little Sis would like it." With no prompting whatsoever.

Sigh. So Hubby 'got lost' for a bit at Target the other day while we were locating suction cups and envelopes, just so Santa Claus can deliver what is wanted most by our little girl on Christmas morning.

The things we do for love. :-)

1 comment:

Dana said...

Maddy is enamored of the purple unicorn pillow pet too....but it sounds like you are nicer than me!