26 September 2010

My Crafty Autumn To-Do List

All of the bloggy world seems to be putting up Autumnal decorations for the upcoming season.

Perhaps it's the bright, sunny 87 degree days of southern Arizona, but I'm just not feeling very fallish yet.

This little burlap goody, however, might get me in the mood:

The incredibly talented and stylish lady behind Jones Design Company designed this.

And if not that wreath, then definitely this one:

Ditto.

Seriously?! How cute is that?!

I should definitely attack my crafty autumn to-do list sometime before New Year's.

Do not worry for my poor, Autumnal decor deprived children, though.

Like any good mother, I have already purchased the beginnings of what will prove to be a fantastic night of trick-or-treating. At least, costume-wise.

Big Sister decided long ago that she would like to be Snow White for Halloween, and Little Sister on Angelina Ballerina. I managed to obtain the most spectacular Snow White gown (literally.... gown) for a measly $15.00. Woot! And a simple tu-tu, fabric ears/tail, and extra ribbon on ballet style slippers should outfit Little Sis nicely, while also negating any desire to hand make their costumes.

Because Lord knows, as much as I love the handmade touch, there was no way in Hades I could sew a Snow White gown.

Sheesh! It would have sounded like drunken sailors during Fleet Week in my sewing room had I attempted that!

No comments: