09 July 2010

Our Fourth


This Fourth of July was especially exciting for our gang! Grandpa and Grandma (Hubby's parents) came down the day prior to help celebrate Hubby's birthday! We had a wonderful BBQ, with absolutely no pictures as proof whatsoever.
With Grandpa and Grandma in town, and Hubby performing with Higher Ground as the pre-firework show, I felt confident that this was the year for the girls to attend their first* Fourth of July firework extravaganza!

You heard right... *first* firework extravaganza. I have never taken them to see fireworks before.
Gasp! Shock! Call CPS!

Their youth, the lateness, the traffic, the lack of a husband on all national holiday events, and the lack of five additional arms...
NOPE. Never before.

The girls went for a 'flower child' look in their tie-dye rather than the obvious red, white and blue. (Because the red, white and blue fabric of my homemade sundress dreams is back ordered til' judgement day).
But do not doubt their patriotic spirit!

Performing their dance routine to Grand Old Flag. No joke, they sing it a million-bajillion times a day!Our favorite sousaphone player performing with the Higher Ground Brass Band!

This Little Sister is a total nut sometimes! And we adore her just the way she is!
I heart this sequence of Big Sister! Some fellow 'band kids' joined us for the musical portion of the evening.
Waiting for the fireworks to begin!

Grandma helping Big Sister cover her ears. Both girls agreed, it was noisy!

But beautiful!! They were gasping, and yelling out the colors of the fireworks.

Finally, Daddy was able to join us watching the fireworks.

The girls had a wonderful time! I so enjoyed watching them watch the show! And thanks to Grandma and Grandpa (and their additional four arms) we were able to book it back to the van and miss the traffic! What a perfect night!

2 comments:

Noodles said...

I like how my little girl is a blur in those pictures...just like in real time.

susan said...

*ahem*
Not that I enjoy correcting you, but since the particular event involves a wonderful evening spent with you and Carrie I must insist on reminding you that right before Morgan's second birthday we all came to your place and walked to the firework show and sat on a blanket together. You may have left early to take Hannah home, but I know you at least went to the party cos Eric was playing. =) <3 you.