Hubby had to work this Saturday, and is gearing up for a month
full of TDY's (temporary duty assignments) that will keep him away from home most of May. So on Sunday he declared "Man Law!," requiring the family spend the day at Parker Canyon Lake.
"Man Law" is reserved only for those very special occasions when Hubby buys into the theory that he's the head of the house, and we three girls play along like it's true.

No day at the lake is complete without a picnic lunch, and no picnic lunch is complete without peanut butter & honey sandwiches, granola bars, pretzels, Pringles, juice and a communal apple.


The girls 'fishing.'

Family feet photo...

I love the pic of Little Sis!



Hubby also insisted we top off the day by renting a little boat and taking the girls for their first 'spin' on the lake.

Big Sister was having the time of her life...

Little Sister spent about 95% of her time in my lap, telling me, "You're my mom. And I'm not scawed (scared), because you're holding me tight."

The weather worn wood bench I was sitting on; the grayish hue to worn wood is so beautiful, isn't it?


About the last 10 minutes of the boat ride they both got a little bit
too brave for my liking, and were peering over the side of the boat looking for fish. Note to the mothers: the straps on the life jackets that generally go between the legs, when hanging off the backside of the jackets make
excellent leashes.
What a wonderful Sunday!! Many thanks to Hubby for declaring "Man Law!"
And I was just kidding about Hubby's minimal influence over the household/family. Speaking for the both of us, I'd say we feel a pretty equally satisfying role in our partnership.
No comments:
Post a Comment