1) Big Sister officially turned 5 years old... umm... 3 weeks ago now. Her birth-day celebration was pretty simple: we had pizza for supper, at her request. After, we sang "Happy Birthday" and had pumpkin and mini-chip muffins in lieu of cake for dessert. She opened her gift from us, and any birthday cards received in the mail.
The weekend before, however, we invited 5 of her little girlfriends over for a birthday party, which I will blog about later. Hopefully not too much later....
2) Big Sister told me yesterday that now that she's 5 yrs. old, she's almost 6 yrs. old... and that she's really looking forward to being 6yrs.... and when exactly will that happen? And is it really over 300 days from now? Sheesh... we just recovered from the shock of her turning five. We need this year.
3) Lots of rain kept us inside recently, so we've been playing a lot of board games, namely Spelling Bee Bingo, Match It, and Panda Bear-Brown Bear, What Do You See. Little Sister even plays bingo with two cards: one for her and one for her Baby Felicity CPK doll. Baby Felicity, who she named herself, is currently her favorite lovey. She also pronounces it, "Baby Ba-licity." It's quite darling!
4) Thanks to the rain, we have also been enjoying puddle walks. This is where we put on old clothes and water-resistant coats, go outside, jump in puddles and get absolutely filthy. The girls love it, especially Little Sister. In fact, the last time we went the girls were playing 'Ring Around the Rosie,' and Little Sis fell flat onto her belly in the puddle. And stood up with a huge, cheese-eatin' grin on her face! Too bad I didn't bring the camera!
5) Last-last weekend we took a quick-quick round trip to Phoenix to meet our brand new niece, Baby M. Baby M is beautiful, healthy, and the whole family is thrilled to have her! Also while in Phoenix, I attended my cousin A's baby shower--she's expecting Baby Boy W in early April. It is Baby-Mania around here! I think everyone I know either just had a baby or is about to! It's funny how it happens in clusters like that.
6) My new best friends lately are Wonder-Under and Tear-Away Stabilizer. They make applique a complete breeze, even for me, the sewing challenged. But no longer! A lady I met is organizing a sewing class at her house for four 2hr. sessions over the next two weeks, and I'm psyched to be signed-up for it!! The class is being taught by a woman named Dotty. How adorable is that name?!
7) My other new best friend is this container of Green Valley Pecans, from Sahuarita, AZ. Well.... they were, anyway, until I ate them. All of them. By myself. In three days. Ahem...
If you have never tasted honey-toasted pecans, you are severely missing out.
8) I've been having the same conversation with Little Sister about once a day for the last two weeks. It goes like this:
Little Sis: "I want to potty train! I want underwear!"
Little Sis: "I want to potty train! I want underwear!"
Mommy: "Sure. Would you like to sit on the Dora seat or pink potty?"
L S: "No, I don't feel like it. I just want to be potty trained." Then she runs away.
M, and mostly to myself: "Well, you can't be potty trained if you don't go on the toilet...."
L S: "No, I don't feel like it. I just want to be potty trained." Then she runs away.
M, and mostly to myself: "Well, you can't be potty trained if you don't go on the toilet...."
9) We made cocoa the other afternoon after swimming in the puddles. Having finally discovered where in the bloomin' grocery store they shelve their marshmallows (yes, I'm like a man in that I'm generally too stubborn to ask a grocery store clerk where something is located, but at least I'm willing to ask for directions while driving), I brought them home for our hot cocoas. While waiting for the watered down milk to heat up, I started reading the bag. When the nutrition facts are done scaring you, you can read the warning and laugh. Because the warning is located on the bag of the MINI Jet-Puffed Marshmallows. Which I will not be cutting into sixths for my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment