21 January 2010

Big Sister

Five years ago today, give or take about twelve hours, this little lady came into our lives. Well, as you can imagine it wasn't a total surprise. We had been expecting her since we first discovered of her impending arrival, after all. (Though that was, indeed, a surprise. But that's neither here nor there).



She is, by far, the best thing that's ever happened to us.



The depth of our love for her is indescribable.



To have been able to spend the past 5 years at home with her has been a joy beyond measure, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Anything.

Hubby, there is no way I can thank you enough for this privilege. But I'll continue trying to do so by being the best mom I can be. And I'll throw in more homemade key lime pies, to boot.

















Well, my Baby-Love, the past five years have flown by. Faster than we ever imagined.
Happy 5th Birthday, Big Sister.
We love you!

2 comments:

luke and pamela said...

happy birthday! happy birth-day to you as well, mama! the photos are gorgeous! i love the newborn ones, esp the belly button!

teachmama said...

WOW! what a great series of pictures and post for your daughter. what a doll! 5 is getting into big-time if you ask me...a big jump from lil ole 4!

let the fun really begin!!