30 August 2009

Girls' Bathroom

In our new home, the girls have their own bathroom. This is very exciting for them, and Big Sister doesn't miss a chance to remind me that it is their bathroom. If I excuse myself from the toy room, she will not hesitate to say, "You can't go in our bathroom, Mommy. It's for us girls." To which I reply, "Technically... biologically... okay, whatever.... I'll be down the hall."

The girls got their shower curtain from GrandMia, who always scores the best stuff from yard sales and Goodwill. (Must be hereditary?!) Since it was pink, we knew it would please the little ladies. Magenta, white and lime are the primary colors in their accessories, which came together quickly and inexpensively. I like that it's feminine, no doubt, but not little-girlie.
Eventually, I'd like a much larger canvas print in there, though I have no idea what of. Something pink? Until then I repainted a frame (originating from the Dollar Tree--it's 10 yrs. old, and has seen at least that many coats of paint) and put a little canvas that I painted in there for them. It'll do.
They have two towel racks, complete with large magenta bath towels, white hand towels, and lime wash clothes, which I plan to have monogrammed with their names/initials as soon as time allows me. I'm positively ga-ga for anything monogramed right now. Blame it on my time living in the south.

And that is the Girls' Bathroom! (You'll have to ask Big Sister before you're allowed to use it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you stood on the counter to take that picture!