21 April 2009

That's How We Roll!

Hannah generally picks out her clothing in the morning. Her motto seems to be, "These items match because I want to wear each of them!" Today Hannah decided to accessorize her lovely long-sleeve white polo and blue jeans with a matching grey sweater, as well as a "matching" purple life jacket. This is how she arrived at story time. I love this about her.
Ta-da! A crayon roll! We keep this in our basket by the door for car rides, and it's a handy dandy little thing. Until the crayons get lost in the van... Hmm... Should I look for them, or just go out to eat and hijack crayons from a restaurant that doesn't reuse them?? It would serve them right...
I still cannot consistently sew in a straight line. My 1/4 in. seams are more like 1/3 in. And my sewing machine is super finicky and will only use a specific bobbin that I only have 3 of... and cannot seem to find suitable replacements for anywhere because they are no longer made by the manufacturer. So anytime I want to change colors I have to find a temporary bobbin, put my color from my usable bobbin onto the temp., and then reload the usable bobbin with the new thread. This is annoying. And sometimes I skip that step and just use what matches more. As you can see.
But, despite the little aggravations, every sewing project is fun and satisfying. And with every little project I get better. I will keep it up, improve, and hopefully reach a point where I can make gifts for family and friends. I hope!

1 comment:

luke and pamela said...

amanda, i am so impressed! looks great! i feel like i am saying goodbye to sewing for awhile. i packed up my machine and put it in the attic the other day. :(

you are doing so great! keep sharing!