05 April 2009

Spring Break 2009

Here's a picture of my feet on the spring break of my dreams....
a sandy beach...





And here's a picture of my feet, on the spring break of my reality. A sandy... sandbox. In the backyard of our not-so-exotic Kentucky home. *Sigh*
(Yes, I am so pale I match the 'white sand' in the sandbox. And I'm in desperate need of a pedicure, no? I try to stick with a more natural look, but have sadly inherited my father's feet. And while I'm sure he's glad they don't look feminine, me... not so much).


But we are fortunate enough to be enjoying 70 degree days with gentle breezes and lots of outdoor time this week. The girls have been thoroughly enjoying their sandbox, our replenished supply of bubbles and sidewalk chalk, and eating snacks outside at our little picnic table.... The girls spent some time picking 'flowers' in the front yard with Mommy and Daddy watching on and reading.... We also logged plenty of time at our favorite parks getting good and dirty...
We have had a pretty darn good spring break this week!!
Happy Spring Break!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was almost VERY jealous... then I saw the second picture :)

luke and pamela said...

i, too, am dreaming of a beach-side spring break. at least you have sun there. today we woke up to a surprise 4 inches of snow. :(