09 March 2009

Springing Forward

Well, Kentucky weather is unusually freakish lately. Even for Kentucky. Sunday afternoon we skipped grocery shopping to stay home and wait out the tornado warnings. Exciting stuff! Now can I please just go get the dang bananas and dish detergent??
We've had high's in the 60's this past week, with tomorrow forecasted to be a whopping 78 degrees! And, true to form, Wednesday will be back in the mid-40's. Nice. But we are certainly taking advantage of our springish days while we can....

Here's our little vegetarian, who has recently also sworn off eggs. She will, however, root under the table for any dropped raisins that Walter didn't get. Remind me to add 'children's vitamins' to that grocery list....

Hannah found a little purple flower in our front yard. It's probably a weed, but we were still excited to find signs of spring life.

Amelia playing in dirt. The girls adore playing in dirt lately. Forget the park! Give them shovels and any and all of my currently plantless pots with dirt, and they just go back and forth, shoveling to and fro... "planting" flowers. I look forward to planting a few annuals with them in May, when Kentucky is finally considered safe from freeze.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, the answer is 'yes.' Amelia did sample the dirt.

That hair is still crazy, even after a recent cut and even more recent brushing!

Hannah found 'treasure' at the field opposite our place. We spent some time running from pirates and trying to bury it. We also tried drawing a map to it's location, but Hannah is experiencing a desire to draw things beyond her years, and naturally, is frustrated by that. I've been trying to lightly outline things for her in basic shapes with pencil, allowing her to draw over it in color and elaborate. I don't know, is this wrong? I don't want to condition a perfectionist, but I understand that she can't yet draw what she sees.

No comments: