25 February 2009

Projects

Another project I just finished last night:

Fabric tags for the living room toy baskets. This idea just came to me in my restless sleep the other night. Not like it's totally original or anything. I'm sure I've encountered this somewhere, just kinda made-up this version. Who says insomnia doesn't have it's good points?

Mommy has been working with fabric lately, and lovin' every minute of it! A few projects I finished up in the last two weeks include:

Another rooster for the kitchen. We needed another rooster, right? Just two, though. I swear. I was eager to try painting silhouettes onto fabric (wrapped around a 10" squared canvas), because I'd like to do something like this for art in the girls' room one day... soon... just using their silhouettes, of course. I was also eager because this project required a staple gun, and I really, really wanted a staple gun.
Hmm... maybe we're needing a sheep in the kitchen, though...

A surprise awaits for when Eric returns home this week: new curtains for the living room! Sort of. These are all actually flat bed sheets that I've flipped the top seam over and sewn to fit our curtain rod. The brown ones were moved from our bedroom (where I already was using them as curtains), and I found the white one in our bathroom cabinet. Our spare set just happened to have two flat sheets for one fitted... Strange... We get lots of natural light shining through these sheerish curtains, but with privacy. And they hide the ugly blinds. And it was technically free.

Coasters! Easy-peasy pattern. Peezy? Peazy? I didn't use the interfacing web stuff, though, just some felt squares left over from puppets and other crafts we've done with the girls. I like that you flip it right side out from the crossover in the center, which hides the fact that I can only sew in straightish lines.

A cloth case for my little digital camera. I already happened to have some quarters of fun fabric and quilted bunting stuff, plus elastic and a button... It's so nice to have a 'stash.' Now if only that 'stash' weren't all in one plastic bin, tangled with thread, bobbins, etc...
Hannah helped me make this in less than 1 1/2. We put Amelia down for nap, and just us big girls stayed up to measure, cut, sew, and enjoy some special chocolate chip cookies and milk for snack after. I really enjoyed having her sit on my lap and helping me sew, and hopefully she did, too.

1 comment:

luke and pamela said...

amanda! you have been busy! i am so impressed! great job! i can't wait to have space again so i can get back to those crafty-artsy days.