Mommy is going to feel a little fried tomorrow, due to the fact that it is way too late to still be awake tonight. I'm sure other Mommies know how it goes... You just enjoy the night time because it's your time; no diapers, no dishes, just you and your bath, glass of wine, craft, hubby, Scrabble, putting together lesson plans, or "googling" random points of interest on your 'to-do' list {insert your vice of choice}...
But then, of course, one thing leads to another and all of a sudden it's midnight and now you feel like you can't sleep because one of the things you were "Googling," other than the price of a much desired staple gun, was the deadline date for applying to the masters program of your dreams. Upon finding out it's September 1, you realize that you cannot, indeed, wait until your husband returns in August from 8 weeks of BNCOC to watch the children so you can spend 5 1/2 hours in Louisville to take the GRE, which you are already dreading because your brain has been on ice for 4 yrs., so that you can save the $50+ on childcare for the day and have more time to study (which includes root word flash cards--come again?!), put together application hoopla, get recommendations and learn to write a proper essay on who you are and why you want to join their program by that deadline! Golly. I don't think I can do this.
2 comments:
Breath. I promise. It's ok. First. The essay is easy nonsense. There is no right or wrong. You know who you are and why you want what you want. Second, the GRE is scary and you have every right to be concerned. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be helping you lol. Honestly, I didn't do flash cards or study that great and I still made good scores necessary to get into your typical state university. If I did somehow get into William and Mary with the scores I got, you will have no choice but to relax. Go to the library, check out a study guide endorsed by the college board and you will be set. Once you register for the test you will receive a helpful CD ROM too. It has real tests on there so you can get used to it. As long as you give yourself 3-4 weeks for your scores to make it to the school you will be fine. I'm currently in rush mode trying to apply to University of Maryland before April 1st so I don't miss out on the Fall Semester. I'll call you soon!
Breath. I promise. It's ok. First. The essay is easy nonsense. There is no right or wrong. You know who you are and why you want what you want. Second, the GRE is scary and you have every right to be concerned. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be helping you lol. Honestly, I didn't do flash cards or study that great and I still made good scores necessary to get into your typical state university. If I did somehow get into William and Mary with the scores I got, you will have no choice but to relax. Go to the library, check out a study guide endorsed by the college board and you will be set. Once you register for the test you will receive a helpful CD ROM too. It has real tests on there so you can get used to it. As long as you give yourself 3-4 weeks for your scores to make it to the school you will be fine. I'm currently in rush mode trying to apply to University of Maryland before April 1st so I don't miss out on the Fall Semester. I'll call you soon!
Post a Comment