Walter is in the strangest mood today. He has literally followed me around all day, or sat by my side on the couch, or laid beside me in bed... Almost all day long... He's such a love to begin with, but normally he takes a little space for himself.
For instance, he literally wedged himself between Eric and I last night, and wouldn't budge. We ended up spooning for a while, me and Walter, before getting out of bed this morning because he was still right there next to me. When Eric and I cozied up in the chair during lunch, there was Walter on our laps, head-butting my hand so I'd pet him. And when I left the living room to go fold laundry this afternoon, he followed me and then just sat on the kitchen mat looking up at me. Is this normal? Is he sick? He's certainly not deprived of attention... or bathroom breaks... Perhaps he is bummed it's raining today and we can't play outside? Hmm...
4 comments:
Our cat always acted different when I was pregnant.... hope it doesn't offend you that I say that since we've never even met, just that I know animals can sense stuff like that!
I was about to say the exact same thing. Animals are so intuitive and become all protective and lovey when the lady of the house is pregnant. Good luck. ;)
i don't have any insight or advice since the behavior you are describing is how unica acts EVERY day. since we adopted her, not since being pregnant. i hope the previous two are right though - how awesome would it be that the first one to know about a new life is the family dog? it'd be a great story... :)
Maybe Walter is just becoming even more of a love than usual? Perhaps due to Valentine's Day? :)
Post a Comment