"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller
I discovered this on a MOPS newsletter recently, and as a professional mother who is a bit of a neat freak, well... it couldn't be more true!! Or relevant, really.
I'll recap a phone conversation I had with my wonderful husband, Eric, while I was in Arizona last weekend performing as a matron of honor. After our exchange of pleasantries, he commented that he had 'tried to do' some laundry, dishes, etc., but that it was difficult to engage the girls in safe play that kept them occupied for more than 4 minutes. They kept coming back to him, interrupting him, or if it got too quiet--you knew there was trouble! To which I replied, "Yeah, I know..." Then, the same wonderful husband continued his rant by saying, "It's like, you have to choose between completing housework or spending time with the kids. It's so hard to get anything done with them!" Again, I replied, "Yeah, I know..." I suggested he wait until their nap time to do most of this... but he was hoping to lay down then, too. Eric ended with, "I'll try, but it will be cluttered when you get home."
Bless his heart! Despite that the refrigerator drawer stocked full of veggies remained as such while I was away, I know how fortunate I am to have a supportive, appreciative husband who is a fantastic father. Stay at home father? Eh... that'll take a bit more coaching!
No comments:
Post a Comment