21 September 2008

Patriot's Day and Haircuts






Last week we were able to attend the Patriot's Day concert put on by the 113th Army Band here on Fort Knox. Or as Hannah says, "We went to the park and saw Daddy play tuba." I packed a picnic dinner for us girls, put a blanket in the van, and off we went!
This was quite an event! The evening opened with a few tunes from the jazz combo, including the classic "In the Mood." After that, Eric came on the scene with the Dixie Band, playing such hits as, "Hello Dolly" and "When the Saints" They were quite fun! Then the men's quartet sang a few songs for us, followed by the full sit-down concert band with their selections. Needless to say, we left during the "seventh inning." But the crowd was quite appreciative, the program was wonderful, and the girls had a blast dancing and running around the lawn with the other kids. We always watching Eric and his band-mates perform.

This weekend we took Hannah to the "hair salon" (Walmart's version of Great-Clips) for her first official haircut! In the past I've just trimmed it myself. However, Hannah will no longer sit still for Mommy. The last time I trimmed her bangs she kept squirming so bad I almost cut off an eyebrow. So now $10/cut, here we come! At least Amelia's hair is still that cute, curly baby-mullet that requires no costly maintenance. Anyway. I only got two pictures of the ordeal, as I had to hold Hannah in the chair to prevent her from jumping down. Although we'd talked about the experience beforehand, including how she'd sit in a special chair and wear a fun cape, she still seemed hesitant. Luckily, the lady was quick, and before we knew it Hannah was admiring her own reflection. She can see from under her bangs now: her lovely haircut and two eyebrows in tact. Everybody's happy.

No comments: